The town is notable for its homeliness. Tourists are attracted by the silence of these places: even at noon, the main streets of the city are not very crowded, so you can safely take a photo. Small houses with gabled roofs, walls entwined with ivy, openwork fences made of decorative stone - a difference from the usual urban realities, which gives a feeling of peace. Guests with cameras are not uncommon here.
Church of Saint-Pierre-Saint-Paul
The exact date of the temple's foundation is unknown, the first entry in the annals speaks of the reconstruction of 1115. Over the centuries, the architectural composition of the building has changed many times. Today the building combines three architectural styles. The western part, the façade and the nave are in the Romanesque style (12th century). The bell tower was erected in the 13th century, and the chapel and choirs - at the end of the 14th and early 15th centuries. Gothic windows are decorated with picturesque 16th century stained glass windows. A century later, the nave was enlarged, transforming the building.
The Priory Called The Abbey
A building built in the 12th century by the monks of the Abbey of Tyrone near Chartres. Today the priory is named Prieure de Saint-Epen. The building is surrounded by watchtowers with conical roofs. Since December 7, 1925, the facade overlooking Rue Pierre Fontana has been included in the supplementary list of national heritage.
This building has a long, tangled past. In the Middle Ages, numerous pilgrims on their way to Santiago de Compostela via Chartres carried not only news but also incurable diseases. For those infected with leprosy, a kind of isolation wards were built, and Ably did not escape this fate. The Leprosarium was founded in the XII century by the Count of Chartres. Louis XIV ordered the transformation of the building into a hospice in 1696. And since 1984, the building has been converted into a nursing home.
Hotel du Hom
According to legend, William the Conqueror stayed in this old hotel in the 11th century. Only individual fragments, walls and doors, restored and re-installed, have survived to this day, but ancient legends still attract the attention of tourists.
The country estates of the French suburbs are valuable in themselves, but the legends of the past are of particular interest to tourists.
In the village of Long Elm, founded in 1207, remains of moats and a three-arch bridge are preserved.
The estate "Carried out", according to the chronicle, in 1168 consisted of 200 hectares of land, a castle with fortress walls and outbuildings. In 1791 it was transferred into national ownership.
Hundreds of tourists visit Ably every year who want to learn more about the past of the commune and get to know the sights of the quiet French province.